A blog where women are inspired and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Christ.

Monday, September 20, 2010

They Had Been With Him!

Wow! This has been quite a challenging month for me. Although for years, head pain has been my constant, unwelcome companion, this month it’s been especially intense. I’ve asked and believed God for a healing, time after time, year after year. A host of loving and faithful friends and family have diligently and fervently prayed for me and entered into spiritual warfare on my behalf. And, as of this moment, my gracious heavenly Father has chosen to delay that healing.

I was feeling exceptionally discouraged the other morning. It seemed as though the pain, the accompanying memory loss, and fogginess were just...too much.

I cried out to my Father and asked Him what He wants from me during these really rough days.  I want to serve Him and serve His people, but I have so many limitations... “How am I to serve you Lord, when it hurts to move my head and I can’t think clearly?”

Well, sometimes, because He is so wise and His ways are not our ways, He seems slow to answer.  I’m so thankful, however, that on that day,  He chose to answer quickly! This was the scripture for my devotion that morning: 


Acts 4:13 “When they saw the courage of Peter and John, and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.”  How rich is that!!


These men were unschooled and ordinary...they had limitations too! They could have easily allowed their limitations to hold them back, but they chose to go on. These men didn’t have any incredible credentials or extraordinary talent. What then, made them so astonishing to others? They had been with Jesus!

What a relief! I don’t have to rely on my abilities...I can simply “be” with my sweet Jesus, and He will do the rest! I’m not the important component in ministry...He is!

So, for the last several days, I’ve taken extra time to intentionally sit and “hang-out” with Him. It’s been a very sweet time.

I wanted to share this today, just in case you too are struggling with something. It might not be physical...perhaps it’s financial, relational, or spiritual. I hope this scripture encourages you to stop and take some extra time to sit and “be” with Jesus. He changes our perspective and increases our faith. 
I hope you enjoy your extra time with Him...
 
Love and Blessings,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. I love reading each and every one! Thanks so much!