A blog where women are inspired and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Christ.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"Calgon, Take Me Away!"

Do you ever have days when you’d just like to pack your bags and take off to someplace...any place for a little fun and relaxation? Some of you may be able to remember the old “Calgon, take me away!” commercials. Well, last week I was having one of those “Calgon, take me away” days!

The winter’s cold and greyness were starting to get to me and I was feeling a little down, a little grumbly, and OK, maybe a little jealous of most of my family, who just happen to live in warm, sunny Florida.

Well, I bundled up and took my grumbly self to the Dollar Store to pick up a few things. As I was walking down the card aisle, I heard a baby in the next aisle begin to laugh. It was one of those deep belly laughs that just went on and on. I found myself starting to smile, and pretty soon, I was laughing almost as hard as that baby.

The baby’s laughter was such a joyful sound and God reminded me of the scripture, “Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy.” Psalm 126:2 NIV

It was amazing how the sound of that uninhibited laughter brought such joy to me.  I felt like a heaviness had been lifted!  So, right there in the aisle of the Dollar Store, that laughter took me on a mini-vacation! What a sweet gift from my loving Father!
Eugenia Price wrote that “Whole-hearted, ready laughter heals, encourages, and relaxes anyone within hearing distance.” I think she was so right! I’ve included this video today to take you on a mini-vacation. Enjoy!

Love and blessings,
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. I love reading each and every one! Thanks so much!