A blog where women are inspired and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Christ.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eternally Grateful

With Easter on the horizon, I’ve been spending a lot of time thinking about the last days of my Savior’s life. I’ve had to force myself to read the words of scripture that tell me of the horrendous penalty He endured for me. God’s holiness and justice demand that my sin and rebellion be punished by penalty of death. (Romans 6:23)

But Jesus Christ...my Savior...my Hero... took my place!

The very thought that Jesus took all my sin upon Himself and offered Himself as a sacrifice in my place, drives me to my knees in humble gratitude.  I, a wretched sinner, am eternally grateful. 


 
In His precious and powerful name!
Love and blessings,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. I love reading each and every one! Thanks so much!