A blog where women are inspired and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Christ.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Insecure...Who Me?

Source
Last time we talked, we looked at some of our insecurities. Did you make a list? Did your list include any of these?
*I’m over/under weight. Yes, believe it or not...some women struggle with being too thin. We must learn to forgive them!
*I hate my appearance.
*My hair is too thin.
*My nose is too big.
*My teeth are crooked.
*Just name a body part, and I can guarantee, someone will have a problem with it!
*I know they won’t like me.
*I’m not as important as others.
*I have nothing to offer.
*I never know what to say.
Oh yes, we could go on and on! It doesn’t matter how beautiful, articulate, educated, or poised a woman may appear...guess what? She’s insecure about something! And after much mental posturing, just when we begin to feel pretty good about ourselves...Whammo! Someone comes along who is “better” than us, and once again, we feel like a loser!
I’ll let you in on an incredibly important secret...the only way to be secure in who we are, is to know Who's we are! And what better way to “know ourselves” than to ask the very One who made us. Hmmm...What does He have to say?
Well, fortunately for us, He says quite a bit. Take time to read these, and ask God to show you who you really are. (These are just a few of many...take time to look up more!)
PSALMS 139: 13,14
“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for
making me so wonderfully complex. Your workmanship is
marvelous.”
DANIEL 10:19
"Don't be afraid," he said, "for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!"
ZECHARIAH 2:8
“For He said, "Anyone who harms you harms My most precious possession.*
MATTHEW 13:45
"Again, the Kingdom of Heaven is like a merchant on the lookout for choice pearls. When
he discovered a pearl of great value; he sold everything he owned and bought it!
ZEPHANIAH 3:17
"For the LORD your God is living among you.
He is a mighty savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With his love, he will calm all your fears.*
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."

When we finally figure out who we are and Who’s we are...we find the freedom to be who we were created to be! The only thing that isn’t relative in life is how God sees us. Let’s begin to get His perspective on who we are. Our lives will change!! Next time we’ll talk about specifics. How do we begin to shed the old insecurities and put on our new shiny selves?
We’ll talk next time...Woman to Woman!
Love and blessings,
Mary
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your posts! I do struggle with some insecurities, and reading that my worth comes from God is such a good reminder! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much to me. I love reading each and every one! Thanks so much!