A blog where women are inspired and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Christ.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

As the fresh, new year unfolds; it’s a natural time to reflect on the year gone by. For many, last year was an  emotional rollercoaster of events. Perhaps you or a loved one lost your job...added a precious baby to your family...lost a friend or loved one...made new friends and had wonderful family gatherings. Life is so full of ups and downs. I’m so thankful that in the midst of all the good and bad, there is One who is constant, stable, and perfect!

One of my heroes in the Bible is the Apostle Paul. Talk about a life of ups and downs! Throughout his life he was opposed, persecuted, shipwrecked, slandered, scorned, blinded and so much more.  But, he was also befriended, protected, saved, redeemed, and reborn! I can’t tell you how many times I felt discouraged this last year, and then looked at Paul’s life, and was encouraged to find my strength in Christ. 

Gosh, even after experiencing imprisonment and stoning, Paul continued to believe in the sweet grace and power of our Christ Jesus. I pray that his words and his determination to be intimately connected with Christ would be an encouragement to you. Paul wrote, “Forgetting what is behind, and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” (Phil.3:13-14, NIV) Oh, to want to follow Jesus like Paul!

I pray that in this new year, you and I would be able to fondly remember the ups, learn from the downs, and sit firmly and securely in the arms of the One who is constant, stable, and perfect.

Love and blessings,
Mary


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. I love reading each and every one! Thanks so much!