A blog where women are inspired and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Christ.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Do You Ever Feel Afraid?

Sometimes life can be down-right terrifying!

You get the dreaded result from the biopsy, and yes, it is cancer.
“I’ m sorry, but the company’s downsizing and your position has been eliminated.”
The car is making a terrible noise, and there just isn’t any money left to fix it.
Your child is angry and depressed and you don’t know where to turn.
“I don’t love you anymore, and I’m leaving.”

Oh yes, life can be terrifying...it can be devastating...it can be just too much to bear...When we take our eyes off Jesus.

I readily admit that there are times when I’m afraid...mostly about health issues and finances. Yes, there are times when I forget that our God created the universe and is capable of creating woman from the rib of man. I forget that He created me and loves me beyond measure and wants His best for me.

Do you ever set your restless mind on a problem and lose sight that you're not in this alone? Do you forget that you don’t have to solve everything, understand everything, or have a solution for every problem? When we take our eyes off Jesus and allow fear to overtake our thoughts, we're saying that He’s not capable of handling the problem...it’s just too big for Him. Fear is putting more faith in doubt than faith in the God who really did part the Red Sea.

Today, whatever the terrifying problem, choose to put your faith in our compassionate and powerful Jesus.  Rest your restless mind in Him. He is more than capable. He is willing. He is absolutely enough!

“Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand” (Isaiah 41:10 NIV).

Love and blessings,
 Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean so much to me. I love reading each and every one! Thanks so much!