A blog where women are inspired and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Christ.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I've Been 'Liebstered' !


Woman to Woman
                                         Thank you  
for nominating me for the Liebster Award!

I’m fairly new to the blogging community so I had to do a little research to discover a few nuggets about the award. The German word ‘liebste’ means favorite or best. The award is passed to favorite blogs with less than 200 to 300 followers. It provides a way for bloggers and readers to get to know each other a little better. I really enjoyed reading the answers to questions asked of Alecia, Angie, and Meghan. Thank you Alecia, Angie, and Meghan for your nominations and support!   


OK, here we go...  This is what I was asked to do:

Post 11 things about yourself.
Answer the questions that have been posted by the person/people who gave you the award.
Create 11 questions you want your nominees to answer.
Pass this award on to three to five other blogs.
Let them know that you've given them the award!

Because I was nominated by three ladies, I’ve tweaked the rules a little. I’ve chosen a total of 11 questions to answer. (Instead of 33!)  Yes, I thought I’d spare you!

Here are 11 random things about myself.

1.      I’m 5’1 ½” tall. And I’m OK with it...really...
 
2.      I love demolition. We live in a 120 year old house and I’ve had the opportunity to 
demolish the front porch, the back porch, the bathroom, and several ceilings! There’s just something so fun about tearing the place down!  
(While recently demolishing our back porch roof, I fell through...
I caught myself between a rafter and the gutter.  My husband, 
who witnessed the whole thing, will never be the same!)

3.      Whenever possible, my husband and I have lunch sitting on a    
            favorite bench looking out over the river.

4.      I love, love, love to read!  (Preferably on a beach...I’m just sayin’.)     
   
5.   My favorite dessert is cheesecake. I also have a love for Starbucks' chocolate chunk cookies...Oh yes...

6.      I tend to have an all-day running conversation with God. My challenge is to be still, stop talking, and listen to Him.

7.      I prefer the toilet paper to roll up and over. (OK, I’m having trouble thinking of eleven things!)

8.      I used to play the viola. 

9.      One Thanksgiving I cooked a turkey, squirrel, and a rabbit that my hunter-trapper-son provided. (I also made a ham for those of us who don’t care for wild game!) 

10.  I’ve had intense head pain since I was 19 and I migraine three to five times a week. (Evidently due to some ‘unique’ brain chemistry) The upside?  It’s continually driven me into the arms of my sweet and powerful Jesus.

11.  I’ve become one of those grandmothers. You know... the one that whips out her phone and shows baby pictures to the waiter!  We just had our first grandchild!  (Actually, ‘we’ didn’t. My son and his sweet wife did all the work!)  Our granddaughter’s name is Emma Kate.   
     Would like to see a picture?  
    Of course you would!

 Are you ready for more?  Here are eleven questions asked by Alecia, Angie, and Meghan...

1.  Are you married? How old were you when you got married?
     I was blessed to marry a patient, God-loving man when I was 25 years old.

2.  How many children do you have?
     I have two great couldn’t-be-more-different sons and a wonderful daughter-in-law. 
     AND of course our sweet Emma Kate!  Love her!

3.  Your favorite color?
      Hhmm... My favorite color is probably lime green. (I know, I know...  strange!)

4.  Your favorite drink?
     I love organic raspberry iced-tea.


5.   How long have you been blogging?
      I’ve been blogging for a couple of years, but have just recently entered the blogging community.   
      And I have to say, I’ve met a lot of amazing women!

6.   Favorite Bible Verse?
      I have so many.  But one that God has often used to help me ‘buck up’ is Joshua 1:9.
      “I command you—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged.   
      For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”   Amen!

7.  What's your favorite ice cream?
      I can’t eat ice cream. But if I could... it would definitely be mint chocolate chip.   
      No wait!  It would be peanut butter and chocolate. Well, maybe butterscotch.  
      But then again, I love rocky road. Obviously, it’s probably a blessing that I can’t eat it!

8.   Beach or Mountain person?
      My husband and I love to bury our toes in the warm sand of the beach.   
      But our sons, daughter-in-law and NEW GRANDDAUGHTER live in Colorado.  
      Sooo, we may ultimately end up in the mountains.

9.   What is your favorite Bible story?
      Believe it or not, I love to read Job. I’ve lived through a lot of adversity and I’m always so 
      encouraged by how Job persevered with the Lord.  

10.  Polka dots, stripes, or floral?      
      If I wear polka dots or stripes I tend to want to count them... 
      If I wear florals, I tend to want to make sense out of the pattern.  So, to be honest, 
      I pretty much stick with solids! That way, I’m not overly distracted by what I’m wearing!

11.  What is your dream vacation?
       Now you’ve got me thinking! I’d love to rent a huge house (big enough for everyone in my family 
       to have their own room and bathroom) on the beach before it gets terribly hot outside.   
       Every meal would be catered and a cleaning service would come in daily to pick up our messes.   
       You said a ‘dream’ vacation! We would play board games, take long walks on the beach, watch 
       the sun go down over the ocean, and just talk and laugh and talk...and laugh!  

OK, you need a break!  
This is way more than I ever wanted to know about myself!

And now I'm going to reveal the next three blogs to receive the 

Liebster Award...

Julia Mateer at Life-Giving LeadHERship
Laurie at Nana's House
Alana at Domestic Bliss Diaries


First, I'd like to add a caveat to these guidelines. Please don't feel obligated to participate if you don't have the time or have already been 'Liebstered'. If you do decide to participate, I'm sure your readers would have fun getting to know you a little better!  
Post 11 things about yourself.
Answer the questions that have been posted by the person/people who gave you the award.
Create 11 questions you want your nominees to answer.
Pass this award on to three to five other blogs. (With less than 200-300 followers)
Let them know that you've given them the award!

1.    Outside of the Bible, what is your favorite book?
2.    Why did you decide to blog?
3.    What's your favorite season?
4.    Describe your family?  (Married?  Children?)
5.    Besides Jesus, who is your favorite person in the Bible? 
6.    What's your favorite salad dressing?
7.    If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
8.    What's your favorite drink?
9.    Jeans or skirts?
10.  What was your first car?
11.  Who takes the pictures in your family?
Whew! That's it for the questions!  
That was a lot of work...but a lot of fun!!
I look forward to reading the answers posed to these awesome women!
Living in His grace!
Mary
My dear sister, I'd like to ask you for two quick favors.
1.  Please go to the block of Google Friends over in the right column and click Join this Site. This doesn't subscribe you or obligate you to anything. It's just a way to let me know that you visited Woman to Woman. If you're reading this by email, you'll need to click Here to sign in. 
2.  Please click the Facebook Like button in the right column. (I love seeing your beautiful faces!)

Each woman who stops by WtoW (I'm talking about you!) is so precious to 
our Lord and to me. 
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your comments, emails, and FB messages. 

 It's always so good to hear from you!


14 comments:

  1. So glad you participated, Mary! Loved getting to know you a bit better, and I agree completely with the catered meals and cleaning service on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! It was so nice to be nominated! It sounds like we could vacation together!! Blessings to you, my friend!

      Delete
  2. I am so with you on the cheesecake! So fun to get to know you, too! I think I'd like the demo process as long as I didn't have to live there while it was happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by, Jen! And thanks so much for hosting SDG... It's such a joy and blessing to read your blog! Blessings to you, my new friend!

      Delete
  3. Mary,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a kind comment. I have actually been a follower of yours for a little over a month :) Congrats on your award!!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, thank you for coming by and thanks for following! I was so blessed by your post- Mary: Faithful Servant... it was beautiful. Blessings to you!

      Delete
  4. So much fun to read and get to know you better ;)
    Thanks for accepting! and linking!
    Your grandaughter is beeeautiful! sweeet! she would be a good friend to my girl ;) she's 7 months old :)
    Remain blessed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thanks so much for nominating me! And thanks for commenting on our sweeet Emma. I bet your 7 month old is adorable. Babies are such a gift! I appreciate your blog and your hosting!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. Dear Mary, thank you so much for your sweet words! I really appreciate a lot! You are so right, our God can bring peace in this storm. My husband and I talk about this every single day. Maybe some day we feel more discouraged because it's too hard, but at the end we always come back to think that God is in control. We know that one day we will solve our problem. We have to wait hoping to find shelter from this storm.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Blessings!!!!
    gege

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gege, I'm so thankful for your faithfulness to persevere in these difficult times. He is our refuge, our provision, our healer, our Savior... I'm so thankful for His all-consuming love.
      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  6. Mary...found you through Womanhood With Purpose, Angie's blog. Congratulations on your award. And I enjoyed getting know some neat things about you. Following you as well. Stop by and visit me when you get a chance. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I just realized I've visited you before. I need to come by more often. :o)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the congrats! The Liebster has been a fun way to get to know each other. I'm glad you came by... I'm on my way to your place!
      Blessings to you!

      Delete

Your comments mean so much to me. I love reading each and every one! Thanks so much!